What is the MayaWest Writing Project?
A project for teachers where we provide teachers professional development workshops and institutes in which we focus on integrating the teaching of writing at all levels. It is based on these core values:
- Writing is critical to learning across all disciplines and grade levels.
- Working as partners, universities and schools can improve student writing.
- Teachers are the best teachers of teachers.
- When teachers are given time to write and reflect on their writing, their practice is enhanced.
- Teachers are leaders and agents of change
What makes the program different is its model, which is based on the model of teachers teaching teachers. The program has three integral components: a summer institute, continuity programs and professional development in local schools.
If you want to visit the page, click here!