The General Library's Liaison Program is designed to foster collaboration between the library and the academic departments and programs in order to promote learning, cultivate communication and facilitate research and creative work within the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez.
We engage in activities to:
- Create and deliver information literacy instruction sessions, workshops or orientations in accordance to the needs of a particular course, program or department.
- Design research guides and other learning objects.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty in the creation of assignments or assessment tools and activities in order to ensure the integration of the information literacy skills to the UPRM curriculum.
- Provide support to the accreditation processes, evaluation or creation of academic programs and proposals for external funding.
- Offer orientation to new faculty and graduate students.
- Answer specialized research consultations.
- Join forces to develop collections and enhance library services.
- Keep professors informed about resources related with currículum that are available in the library.
- Identify alternative methods of dissemination of the scientific knowledge generated at the UPRM campus.
The liaisons by faculty are: