The Department of English is inaugurating an exciting new graduate program in January 2022: a Master of Arts in English Literature in English (MAEL) with offerings in British American, Anglophone Caribbean, Post-Colonial, and Puerto Rican Literature in English. Admissions to this program will begin in September 2021. Please join us for a virtual orientation on Friday, August 27th. 2:30 – 4:00 p.m., where you can learn about the program, its curriculum, admissions, transfers, offerings, and other matters.
- 2:30 – 2:40 Welcome by Dr. Rosa Roman, Director of the English Department.
- 2:40-3:00: Presentation of the program by Dr. Rosa Roman, Director of the English Department.
- 3:00-3:15: Presentation of admissions and transfers to the program by Dr. Nancy Vicente, Director of the Office of Graduate Studies.
- 3:15-4:00 pm. Questions and Answers: Dr. Rosa Roman, Dr. Nancy Vicente, and members of the Ad Hoc MAEL Committee (Dr. Nandita Batra, Dr. Nickolas Haydock, and Dr. José Irizarry).
- For more information visit the MAEL webpage https://www.uprm.edu/english/graduate-program-m-a-e-l/ and join us on Google Meets on Friday, August 27th at 2:30 p.m.