- Rank: Full Professor
- Education: Ed.D Nova Southeastern University
- Research Areas: Writing, Communication, Assessment, Education, Instructional Technology, Grammar, Graduate TA Education, Web-Based Instruction, ESL, Peer Review, Conversational English, Public Speaking
- Additional Interests: Digital and Film Production, Research Integrity
- Office: OF-106 Ext.: 6105
- E-mail: email@example.com
Gayle Griggs is a Full Professor of English at the University of Puerto Rico: Mayaguez Campus. She joined the English Department in 2000. Gayle was born and raised in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. She got her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Texas and her Ed D in Florida. She regularly teaches Intermediate Composition (INGL 3103-3104), University Teaching Development (UTD 6995), Public Speaking (INGL 3250) and Expository Writing (INGL 3231). Her teaching and research areas are communication, writing, education, learning, online education, and instructional technology. She is currently part of the Middle States Commission of Higher Education Steering Committee at UPRM as well as the Coordinator for Task Force 8: Standard 10 – Faculty. She is also the Assessment Officer for CIVIS, which includes the EWC, the CRE, and MWWP.