A good salesperson always has to know his product perfectly. So, in order to sell your services to a company, you have to study your goals, objectives and personal traits. You will make a positive impression on a potential employer if you define your career objectives clearly and firmly.
The following are some aspects you must analyze in order to know the kind of work you should do and the kind of organization in which you would like to work.
- What are the things I like to do?
- What are the things I do best?
- Do I have the ability to express my ideas?
- Do I see myself as a leader?
- Do I work well under pressure?
- Do I have initiative and seek responsibility?
- Am I more comfortable with routines or do I enjoy new ideas and situations?
- What is my preference of pay: a regular salary, a commission, or a combination of main?
- Am I willing to travel regularly?
- Do I prefer large organizations or small ones?
- Do I want to work a regular schedule?
- Do I prefer to work indoors rather than outdoors?
- Am I free to move?