The training will introduce participants to the concepts of oncoimmunotherapy: a biology therapy in which the immune system is used to treat cancer. This will be accomplished by an overview of the biomanufacturing process, understand trends in the field and become aware of careers paths. As part of an interdisciplinary team, participants will work using aseptic techniques to clone, express and purify the protein DHFR (essential in nucleic acid synthesis), that has been one of the first targets for cancer chemotherapy. Furthermore, participants will be able to learn about protein expression and purification as well as assessment of biological activity.
Amgen BioTalents 2022-2023 will offer two sections. The first section will be on March 11 & 12, 2023, totally online.
Applicants must comply with ALL of the following requirements:
- Full-time B.S. student from science (Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physics) or engineering (Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical) majors.
- 30 credit hours approved.
- Fill application form (online)
- Submit official transcript, including courses approved last semester (contact below)
- Essay on how Amgen BioTalents would become an integral part of your professional career (online)
Be aware that transcripts have to be sent to University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez, Attn: Jamilette Acevedo González, Call Box 9000 Mayaguez, PR 00681-9000. Many universities are submitting officials transcripts by email. If you prefer this method the corresponding office can sent the transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application will open January 9, 2023 and close February 15, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.