High Speed Aerodynamics and the ONR Hypersonics Portfolio
- Dr Araya was invited to the 2018 Annual Review for the AFOSR High Speed Aerodynamics and the ONR Hypersonics Portfolio(Arlington, VA) on July 30 for an oral presentation of award #FA9550-17-1-0051.
Spatially-Developing Turbulent Boundary Layers
- Dr Araya organized a mini-symposium titled “Spatially-Developing Turbulent Boundary Layers” at the 13thWorld Congress in Computational Mechanics (WCCMXIII and PANACM II) in New York City on July 25, 2018.
NASA PR Space Grant Fellowship
- German G. Saltar received the NASA PR Space Grant Fellowship($10,000) for the 2018-2019 academic year on July 20, 2018. Congrats!
NASA-John Mather Nobel Scholarship
- German G. Saltar was awarded the 2018 NASA-John Mather Nobel Scholarshipplus a $3,000 scientific travel grant over a two year period. Congrats!
- Miguel A. Ramirez joined HPCVLab as a PhD student (Fall 2018).
Congress on Computational Mechanics
- Carlos Quinones was awarded a travel support to attend the 13thWorld Congress on Computational Mechanics/2ndPan American Congress on Computational Mechanics (NYC, July 22-27 2018) by XSEDE Community Engagement & Enrichment – Broadening Participation (CEE-BP).