- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical or Civil Engineering or their equivalents from an accredited institution or higher learning is required for the MSE graduate programs. Applicants with a degree in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology and other engineering or science fields in related areas are also eligible for admission.
- A general grade point average of 3.0/4.0. Admission is possible for applicants with lower GPAs, but that have previous industrial or research experience.
- A minimum mastery of both English and Spanish skills to understand technical literature and to write technical documents.
- Three letters of recommendation from qualified referees.
- A statement of purpose describing the applicant’s goals and interests.