Ext: 3393 / 3403
JD, Eugenio María de Hostos Law School, December 2009
PhD, Purdue University, August 1984
MSCE, Purdue University, May 1980
BSCE, University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez, May 1978
- Director, Transportation Technology Transfer Center, April 1986 to present
- Acting Dean, College of Engineering, December 2009 to February 2011
- Associate Director of Civil Engineering Department, January 1990 to December 1992
- Director, Bituminous Materials and Mixtures Laboratory, 1984-1995
- PRHTA: Over seventy-projects related to the planning, design, construction, maintenance and management of highway transportation infrastructure (April 1986 to 2005). Expert witness at the state and federal court in highway safety, pavement surface characteristics, work zone traffic control, non-destructive testing, and slip and fall accidents. President, Editorial Board, CIAPR Dimension Journal, 2007 – 2009, 2015 – present.
Honors & Awards
- UPRM Faculty of Engineering Productivity Award, 1997
- Distinguished Engineering Professor, CIAPR-Mayagüez Chapter, 1998
- UPRM Distinguished Professor, Civil Engineering Department, 1999
- Distinguished UPR Researcher, 2000
- Distinguished Engineer, CIAPR-Mayagüez Chapter, 2008
- Distinguished Executive in the Area of Education, Sales, Marketing and Executive (SME) Association, 2009
- Executive Director Award, Office Club of Mayagüez, 2011
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Administrator’s Public Service Award, 2018.
- The Impact to the Transportation Infrastructure in Puerto Rico due to the Direct Impact of Hurricane María: Lessons Learned, ITE 2018, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 20-23, 2018.
- Método Mecanístico – Empírico (M-E) para el Diseño de Pavimentos según la AASHTO, Military University Nueva Granada, Bogotá, Colombia, August 17, 2018.
- Responsabilidad social en el ejercicio de la profesión de la ingeniería, Military University Nueva Granada, Bogotá, Colombia, August 16, 2018.
- Conceptos Básicos de Mantenimiento Preventivo para Infraestructura de Transporte, Military University Nueva Granada, Bogotá, Colombia, August 16, 2018.
- Methodology for The Evaluation of School Zones in A Driver Simulator, XVI LACCEI 2018 Lima, Peru, July 18-20, 2018.
Peer Review Proceeding/Conferences (Papers):
- 16th Annual Latin American and Caribbean Congress of Engineering Institutions (LACCEI), Lima, Perú, July, 18-20, 2018. Since 2005 to PRESENT.
- 9th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics and the Affiliated Conferences (AHFE) 2017, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 21-25, 2018.
- Road Safety & Simulation International Conference (RSS 2017), The Hauge, Netherlands, October 17-19, 2017.
- 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics and the Affiliated Conferences (AHFE) 2017, Los Angeles, California, USA, July 17-21, 2017.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Academies of Sciences (NAS), National
Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), (SN4811), Practices in One Lane
Traffic Control on a Two-Lane Rural Highway, 2016 to PRESENT.
- Ibero-American Road Safety Congress (CISEV), Santiago, Chile, November 6-11, 2016.
since 2012 to PRESENT.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Academies of Sciences (NAS), Roadway
Safety Cultures friend of Subcommittee (AN0001), 2015 to PRESENT.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Academies of Sciences (NAS), Transportation Education and Training friend of committee (ABG20), 2014-2020.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Academies of Sciences (NAS), Work
Zone Traffic Control committee (AHB55), 2013 to PRESENT.