PhD, Transportation System Engineering, University of California, Irvine, 2015.
MS, Transportation Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2010.
BSCE, UPR-Mayagüez, P.R., 2009.Experiencia Académica
- Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (2018 to date).
- Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (2015-2018).
- PI. “Predictive Analytics for No-Shows and Cancellations for Paratransit Operations”. Transportation Informatics – University Transportation Center (2017-2018)
- PI. “Activity-Based Approach for the Design of Sustainable Area and Cordon Pricing Schemes”. UTRC. (2016-2018).
- PI. “Identification of Procedures for the Optimal Planning and Operations of the “Llame y Viaje”. Puerto Rico Integrated Transport Authority. (2016).
- Graduate Research Assistant. “California Statewide Freight Forecasting Model”. University of California, Irvine. (2011-2014)
- Graduate Research Assistant. “Survey of Self-Declaration Systems and Implementations” California Center for Innovative Transportation, Berkeley. (2009-2010)
Premios y Reconocimientos
- Highest scoring Post-Doctoral/Early Career Researcher abstract award for presentation at the International Conference on Transport and Health (ICTH), Barcelona, Spain (2017)
- Honor Certificates from UPR, School of Engineering (2004-2009)
- “A surrogate-assisted genetic algorithm for the selection and design of highway safety and travel time improvement projects”. Safety Science, 103, pp. 305-315. 2018.
- “Accounting for population exposure to vehicle-generated pollutants and environmental equity in the toll design problem. Rodríguez-Román D, Ritchie SG. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, 11(6), pp. 406-421. 2017.
- “Goal-programming approach to allocate Freight Analysis Framework mode flow data”. Rodríguez-Román D, Masoud N, Kyungsoo J, Ritchie SG. Transportation Research Record, No. 2411, pp. 82–89. 2014.
- “Geographic scalability and supply chain elasticity of a structural commodity generation model using public data”. Ranaiefar, F, Chow JYJ, Rodríguez-Román D, Camargo PV, Ritchie SG. 2013. Transportation Research Record, No. 2378, pp. 73–83.
- “Regularized least squares approach to fitting paratransit demand models with limited and uncertain data”.
- Rodríguez-Román D, Hernandez SV. In the Proceedings of the 97th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C. 2018.
- “Surrogate-based optimization approach for single- and multi-objective toll design problems. Rodríguez-Román D, Ritchie SG. In the Proceedings of the Conferencia del Congreso Panamericano de Ingeniería de Tránsito, Transporte y Logística (PANAM), México City. 2016.
- “Accounting for population exposure to pollutants in the toll design problem”. Rodríguez Román D, Ritchie SG. In the Proceedings of the 94th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C. 2015.
- “An alternative method to estimate balancing factors for the disaggregation of OD matrices.” Masoud N, Ranaiefar F, McNally M, Rodríguez-Román D, SG Ritchie. In the Proceedings of the 93rd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C. 2014.
- “Predicting trips cancellations and no-shows in paratransit operations”. Presentation at the Fourth Annual TransINFO Symposium, University at Buffalo, New York.
- “Surrogate-based optimization approach for the design of area charging schemes under environmental considerations”. Presentation at the C2SMART Lab, New York University. 2018.
- “Estimating paratransit demand forecasting models using ACS disability and income data”. Invited presentation to the Census for Transportation Planning Subcommittee, 97th TRB Annual Meeting. Washington, DC. 2018.
- “Estimating paratransit demand forecasting models using ACS disability and income data”. Presentation in collaboration with Hernandez SV at the Conference “Applying Census Data for Transportation: 50 Years of Transportation Planning Data Progress”, Kansas City, MO. 2017.
- “Activity-based approach for the design of sustainable area and cordon pricing schemes”. Presentation in collaboration with Allahviranloo M. at the International Conference on Transport and Health, Barcelona, Spain. 2017.
- “Joint optimization of traffic rationing schemes and transit services under environmental and mobility considerations”. Presentation at INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN. 2016.