PhD, Higher Education Administration, Saint Louis University, MO, 2009
MS, Construction Administration, The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, 2003
Diploma in Construction Management, ITESM, Puebla, México, 2001
BS with honors, Architecture, Universidad de las Americas-Puebla, México, 2000
- Professor, University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez (UPRM), May 2019 – Present
- Associate Professor, University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez (UPRM), May 2013 – 2019
- Assistant Professor, Construction Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2009 – 2013
- Instructor, Construction, Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville, 2006 – 2009
- Graduate Research Assistant, Const. Admin., University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, 2003, 2005 – 2006
- Cost Estimator & Designer, The Benham Companies, Oklahoma City, OK & St. Louis, MO 2003 – 2006
- Construction Management & Control Activities, Buenaventura, Monterrey, Mex, 2000 – 2001
- Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 2016
- Distinguished Professor, Department of Civil Engineering & Surveying, UPRM, 2014 – 2015
- Best Peer Reviewed Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering – American Society of Civil Engineers, 2014
- Outstanding Woman in Project Controls, Association of the Advancement of Cost Engineering, 2014
- Regional Teaching Award, Associated Schools of Construction, 2014
- Academic Leader, Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), México, 2010, 2013
- Tenure-Track Scholarly Excellence Award, College of Applied Human Sciences, Colorado State University, 2013
- Best Conference Paper, Honorable Paper Award, Assoc. Schools of Const. Conference, 2013
- Distinguished Leadership National Award, Design-Build Institute America (DBIA), 2012
- Teaching Fellow, The Institute of Learning and Teaching, Colorado State University, 2012
- Academic Leader, Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), México, 2010
- Best Peer Reviewed Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering – American Society of Civil Engineering, Pittsburg, PA, 2008
- Faculty Honorary Member, Sigma Lamda Chi Construction Honor Society, 2006
- Construction Science Leadership Award, The University of Oklahoma, 2003
- Magna Cum Laude for Bachelor’s degree, Universidad de las Americas, Puebla, 2000
- Lopez del Puerto, C., & Cavallin, H. E., & Perdomo, J. L., & Munoz Barreto, J., & Suarez, O. M., & Andrade, F. (2019, June), Developing a Collaborative Undergraduate STEM Program in Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure Paper presented at 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Tampa, Florida. https://peer.asee.org/32629
- Lopez del Puerto, C., Montañez, J., Suárez L., and Gransberg D., 2019, Complexity Mapping for Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure: The Doppler Radar in Puerto Rico Case Study, VII International Engineering Science and Technology Conference – IESTEC 2019, Panama City, Panama.
- Lopez del Puerto, C., Scheepbouwer, E., and Andrade, F., (2018) Análisis de las Complejidades para Reconstruir la Infraestructura Dañada por Desastres Naturales en Nueva Zelanda y Puerto Rico, Revista Internacional de Desastres Naturales, Accidentes e Infraestructura Civil, vol. 18.
- Scheepbouwer, E., Gransberg, D., and Lopez del Puerto, C., Construction engineering management culture shift: Is the lowest tender offer dead?, Front. Eng. Manag, (2017).
- Lopez del Puerto, C., Gransberg, D., and Loulakis, M., (2016), Contractual Approaches to Address Geotechnical Uncertainty in Design-Build Public Transportation Projects, J. Leg. Aff. Dispute Resolut. Eng. Constr.
- Elliott, J. and Lopez del Puerto, C., (2015), Development of an Attitudes and Intention Scale for Construction Skills Training Programs, Journal of Employment Counseling.
- Clevenger, C., Lopez del Puerto, C. and Glick, (2015), Interactive BIM-enabled Safety Training Piloted in Construction Education, ASEE Journal of Advances in Eng’g Educ.
- Elliott, J., Thevenin, M. and Lopez del Puerto, C, (2015), The Role of Gender and Industry Experience in Construction Management Student Self-efficacy, Motivation, and Planned Behavior, International Journal of Construction Education and Research.