Ext : 3455
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, December 1999
M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, December 1994
B.S. University of Puerto Rico, June 1993
- Professor, Jul 2008 to Present
- Associate Professor, Jul 2003 to Jun 2008
- Assistant Professor, Jan 2000 to Jun 2003
- Invited Lecturer, Technology Transfer Center, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez
- Intergovernmental Personnel Act of 1970, U.S. Army Engineering Research and Development Center, Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory, Survivability Branch, July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
- Summer Internship, U.S. Army Engineering Research and Development Center, Information Technology Laboratory, May 25 to August 5, 2014.
- NASA Summer Faculty Fellowship Program, Marshall Space Flight Center, AL, Summers 2003, 2004, and 2006
- Engineer in Training, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Summers 1993, and 1994.
Honors & Awards
- Honor Student, Civil Engineering Department, University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez (Second of the class, 1993)
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Sciences (GEM) Fellowship, M.S. and Ph.D. (1993-1995)
- Omar Esquilin-Mangual, Felipe J. Acosta, Stephanie G. Wood, Wendy R. Long, C. Kennan Crane, Omar G. Flores, y Charles W. Ertle. Forensic Evaluation of Concrete Pole Failures and Production Capacity in Puerto Rico Following Hurricane Maria. ERDC Technical Report ERDC/GSL TR-18-15, July 2018
- Felipe J. Acosta, Omar Esquilin-Mangual, Stephanie G. Wood, Wendy R. Long, y Didier Valdes. “Lessons Learned from the Evaluation of Concrete Pole Failures Following Hurricane Maria,” Revista Dimension, Año 32, Vol. 1, Colegio de Ingenieros y Agrimensores de Puerto Rico. http://ciapr.org.
- Felipe J. Acosta y Guillermo A. Riveros, “Simulación Numérica de la Espátula del Pez Espada”, Revista Internacional de Desastres Naturales, Accidentes e Infraestructura Civil, accepted for publication on 5/9/2017.
- Reena R. Patel, Guillermo A. Riveros, David S. Thompson, Felipe J. Acosta, Carlos Colon, Edward J. Perkins, Jan J. Hoover, and John F. Peters, “Performance analysis of resilient bioinspired structural systems”, presentado en el Bioinspiration, Biomimetics, and Bioreplication VIII Conference in Denver, CO, 3/6/2018. Presented by Reena R. Patel.
- Reena R. Patel, Guillermo A. Riveros, David S. Thompson, Felipe J. Acosta, Edward J. Perkins, Jan J. Hoover, John F. Peters, and Antoinette Tordesillas Early Detection Of Failure Mechanisms In Resilient Biostructures: A Network Flow Study, ERDC TR-17-11, October 2017.
- Felipe J. Acosta, Ruth E. Roman, Miguel A. Pando, and Luis A. Godoyd (2016). “FATIGUE STRENGTH OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS CONSIDERING HYGROTHERMAL DEGRADATION,” Mecánica Computacional Vol XXXIV, Sebastián Giusti, Martín Pucheta and Mario Storti (Eds.), pp. 41-60.
- Esteban Pabon, Yomar Otero, Felipe J. Acosta, Robert D. Moser, C. Kennan Crane, and Brian H. Green, STATE-OF-PRACTICE ON THE DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF STRUCTURES STRENGTHTENED WITH FIBER REINFORCED POLYMERS (FRP), ERDC/GSL SR-15-2, July 2015.
- Godoy, L, Mondragón, V., Pando, M. and Acosta, F. (2013) “Stress redistributions in unit cells of fibre-reinforced polymer composites with interface degradation,” Int. J. Microstructure and Materials Properties, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 185-206.