INEL, INME, INCI, and CCOM
1) Engineer and lead – Transmission & Substation Asset Planning.
This position is part of a diverse team of utility experts tasked with creating and executing on a best-in-class T&S asset planning strategy across AVANGRID. This role utilizes practical and analytic knowledge to perform needs and solution studies on T&S assets at all voltage levels including the development of mitigating projects and programs.
• Execution of the AVANGRID Asset Management initiative in the electric networks organization.
• Point for decision making and navigation of T&S projects through the Investment Planning process from inception through construction. This includes technical oversight of all projects, including legacy projects, through the various stages of design and construction.
• Research, development, continual refinement, and execution of an industry leading T&S asset planning strategy.
• Ensuring that T&S asset condition needs across AVANGRID are identified, prioritized, and addressed with appropriate mitigating solutions in a comprehensive manner.
• Developing and building collaborative and constructive relationships with regulators and ISO’s by ensuring proposals are thoughtful, prudent, and well documented.
2) Engineer and lead- Protection and Controls.
Responsible for the design, configuration, maintenance and renewal of protection & control equipment subsystems on Avangrid’s electric delivery infrastructure in New England (Central Maine Power and United Illuminating). Avangrid’s electric delivery system in New England is approximately 3,000 miles of transmission lines and 350 substations.
Engineering activities for electric transmission and substation system protection projects to ensure safe, timely and cost-effective completion. Conduct analysis, complete estimates and develop engineering standards and criteria to drive the completion of projects. Coordinate with other departments, vendors, and consultants in order to complete projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Ensure all protection system designs meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes and standards (NESC, FERC, NERC, NPCC, NYISO, ISO-NE, NY PSC, ME PUC, CT PUC, etc.).
3) Engineer and Lead– Energy Control Systems/SCADA
Provides support for the AVANGRID Energy Control Systems used to operate electric transmission and distribution systems (EMS/SCADA/ADMS/ OMS & Back office-based platforms).
This position supports the day to day remote operation of the electric T&D system via SCADA. Leads teams/projects that solve complex problems taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Able to work independently with guidance on only the most complex tasks. Participates and represents AVANGRID on Industry associations. Follow updates in research and developments taking place in the power industry, through training and industry associations.
• Analyzes key power system data to ensure that the bulk electric system can operate in a safe, reliable and coordinated manner in accordance with ISO/RTO operating principles and standards.
• Defines and maintains supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) databases and definitions, maintains telemetry data and evaluates and maintains accurate information in the EMS
• Support the specification, design, testing and development of the EMS system to ensure that changing functional requirements are met
• Works within the Control Center environment and supports Cyber Security requirements for Control Center operations. Maintains and creates documentation for supported platforms and systems to meet all regulatory requirements/ standards.
Education & Experience Required:
1 to 2 Years of experience and recent grads, may 2020.
Possess a depth and breadth of experience in Transmission Planning OR Distribution Planning OR Protection & Controls OR Energy Control Systems OR related Engineering area, along with related business practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural Engineering, Computer Science.
If you are interested in any of these positions, send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com