If you are looking for opportunities for professional growth and career advancement this may be a great opportunity for you! For those of you who are not looking for a change in their career, please share this opportunity with your network of engineers throughout the country. The bottom line is, we need your help to recruit for over 200 positions/duty locations that will go live on USAJOBs next Thursday, January 27th.
The job announcement will be advertised on www.usajobs.gov from January 27- February 7. We are planning to post the positions to this site (Civil Engineer – Locations) early this week. There will be three announcements, each a career ladder:
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-11/12 (DHA)
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-09/11 (DEMO)
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-07/09 (DEMO)
- For internal and external applicants. Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) allows the flexibility to appoint individuals to these positions without regard to veterans’ preference, or rating and ranking procedures, and to staff positions quickly in compliance with public notice requirements thereby addressing the critical resource gaps.
- This OPM government wide authority for Civil Engineer (0810) is approved for grades 11-15. Therefore, DHA will be used for the GS-0810-11/12 positions.
- DHA authority above is not approved for use below the grade of GS11. Therefore, the GS-0810-07/09 and 09/11 will be advertised using Demo hiring authority. Current employees of the Forest Service, USDA, other Federal agencies, or US Citizens may be hired under the Demo authority. Veterans receive preference in the Demo selection process.
We have attached a few documents for your use:
- Job Flyer to share with Engineers looking to apply to the Forest Service
- Resume guide for you and your contacts
- Navigating USAJOBs flyer
- Benefits Flyer
The Forest Service is hosting webinars to help you through the application process. Join us and get answers to your questions. These webinar links will also be available for on-demand viewing after each date listed!
- Federal Resume Workshop – Tues., Jan. 25, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Hiring Eligibilities & Qualifications” – Thurs., Jan. 27, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Tips for job Seekers” – Tues., Feb. 1, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Navigating USAJOBS” – Thurs., Feb. 3, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
Amber Kamps, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trey Savage, Tremayne.email@example.com
Bryan Bearor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Mick, Kathleen.Mick@usda.gov
Diann McGlothen, email@example.com
Diana Perez, firstname.lastname@example.org
|R8 / R9||
David Torok, email@example.com
Michaela Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Gill, email@example.com
*RUM acts as a facilitator in the dissemination of the advertisement for the benefit of our students and graduates, but is not responsible for the content or the hiring process. For more details, please contact the recruiting company directly.*