Friday, February 14, 2019
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is seeking awesome people to join our team as a Geotechnical Field Professional. We are looking for candidates interested in building a career in the construction observation, environmental, and/or geotechnical consulting fields. As a Field Professional, you will provide a wide range of observation and testing services for geotechnical and environmental development projects as you support geologists, engineers, and scientists for a diverse client base in the private and public sectors.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FIELD PROFESSIONAL
As a Geotechnical Engineering Field Professional, some of your daily responsibilities will include:
• Performing tests on soil, concrete, asphalt, and other materials at the construction site or in one of our laboratories. Field testing commonly involves testing the moisture and density testing of soils using a nuclear density testing gauge
• Most of your work will be outdoors. Great for those who don’t want to sit behind a desk! Be prepared to work in a variety of weather conditions
• Observing and documenting construction activities to assure compliance with technical specifications. Prepare daily field reports and test summaries documenting the work.
• Interacting with contractors, clients, and GTA personnel to evaluate site conditions and participate in work progress meetings.
• You will work closely with experienced professionals who will mentor and train you as you integrate into GTA’s culture and jump start your career! We want you to be successful!
THE PATH TO SUCCESS
We are looking for great people with leadership potential, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, a passion for excellence, and a desire to build a rewarding career with a dynamic, growing, well respected firm! If you seek a career, and not just a job, then look no further than GTA!
• Bachelor’s degrees are welcome! Minimum requirement of High School Diploma/GED.
• Own reliable transportation, valid driver’s license; and satisfactory driving record. You will be driving to the project sites every day in your own vehicle.
• Ability to lift to 60 pounds along with bending and hammering movements on a regular basis
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Enjoy working outdoors.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship is not available.
• NICET and/or ACI certifications are a plus, but not required.
• Must have safety-toe boots.
CHECK US OUT!
Visit GTA’s website to see everything we do – www.gtaeng.com – then hop over to our Careers page to peruse our list of outstanding benefits! To access our career portal to view and apply for current job openings – http://gta.appone.com/