Ext: 3496, 6744
PhD Cand (all but dissertation), University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 1978-82
MSCE, University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez (UPRM), 1977. BSCE, University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez (UPRM), 1975Experiencia Académica
- Professor, Civil Engineering Department, UPRM, since 2001.
- Associate Professor (1992-2001). Assistant Professor (1988-1992). Tenured since 1992.
- Director/Chairman, Civil Engineering Department, UPRM, 1994-Present.
- Member, Board of Directors, Material Characterization Center, UPR, 1997-date.
- Member, Board of Directors, Puerto Rico Construction Cluster, 2003-date.
- Academic Senator, UPRM, 1990-1997.
- Member, Administrative Board, UPRM, 1996.
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of Puerto Rico, 1994.
- Member, University Board, 1993.
- Collaborators and co-editors: Ricardo López (UPRM), Robert Whalin (Jackson State University), David Pittman (ERDC-US Army Corp of Engineers); Gavin Smith (University of North Carolina), Carlos Ruiz (ERDC,US Army Corp of Engineers);
- Graduate Advisors: Dr. Rafael Rios Davila (UPRM), Late Dr. Ben C. Yen (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign).
Premios y Reconocimientos
- Selected as Finalist and “2018 Examples of Excelencia Representative” awarded by the “Excelencia in Education” national organization for direction of the project “ERDC-UPRM Education and Research Internship Program”, October 11-12, 2018.
- Third Place Award for the ERDC-UPRM Education and Research Partnership Programa the Most Innovative Recruiting Program Category, 2011 Human Capital Management Defense Conference.
- Engineering Faculty Productivity Award – 1996.
- General Coord., NORCECA 98, an international women volleyball championship
- Recognition Plaque for the Cooperation and Technical Assistance to the Ponce Chapter of the CIAPR in the 1989 and 1992 Annual Assemblies
- Elected Academic Senator, 1990; Re-Elected in 1991 and in 1994.
- Elected Senate Representative to the University Board – 1993
- Elected University Representative to the University Board of Trustees – 1994.
- Elected Senate Representative to the Campus Administrative Board, 1996.
- Recondo Patch, US ARMY-ROTC, Summer Camp in Fort Bragg, Virginia – 1994.
- The Letter C “Insignia” – the unique acknowledgement for a distinguished member of the University Community at the University Sport Program – 1995.
- Ruiz, C.; Nestler, J.; Pagan-Trinidad, I.; Rodríguez, D.; (2007) The Tropical Environmental Observatory Network (TEON): Collaborative Science and Technology Resource for Inter-hemispheric Sustainable Development; Fifth LACCEI International Latin American and Caribbean Conference for Engineering and Technology (LACCEI’2007), México, 2007. (Accepted for publication).
- Guevara, J., Pagán-Trinidad, I., Maldonado, F., Valdés, D., Pesantes, E., (2005), Incorporation of a Sustainable Design in the Integrated Engineering Project Design Model: The Capstone Course at UPRM, Third LACCEI International Conference for Engineering and Technology, Cartagena, Colombia, 2005.
- Caraballo, N., Zapata, R., Pagán-Trinidad, I., Building Damage Estimation due to Riverine Floods, Storm Surges, and Tsunamis: A Proposed Methodology, Fourth LACCEI International (LACCEI 2006), Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, 2006.
- Ismael Pagán Trinidad, Raúl Zapata López, Marcelo García, Arthur R. Schmidt, Víctor González Nieves, Norberto Caraballo Nadal, Drainage Guidelines: An Electronic Library, Second LACCEI International Conference for Engineering and Technology (LACCEI 2004), Miami, Florida, USA, 2004.
- I Pagan, R Zapata, V Gonzalez & N Caraballo (2003), Mitigation Flood Analysis: Electronic Drainage Library, Report to FEMA 1247-DR-PR.
- RA Román-Seda, MI Ortiz-Soto, J Cardona & I Pagan-Trinidad (2001), Caracterización de un filtro lento de arena con un prefiltro de flujo horizontal de grava, International Journal on Natural Disasters, Accidents and Civil Infrastructure, vol. 1(1), pp. 87-97.