Ext : 2134
PhD, Civil Engineering (Water Resources), University of Colorado, 1988
MSCE, Sanitary Engineering, UPRM, 1982
BSCE, UPRM, 1979
Associate Degree in Sciences, UPR-Bayamón, 1975
- Professor, UPRM, Civil Engineering Dept., Jul 2000 to present.
- Chancellor of UPRM, Dec 2011 to May 2013
- Interim Chancellor of UPRM, Feb 2011 to Dec 2011
- Director of the Research and Development Center (R&DC) of UPRM, Sep 2010 to Feb 2011
- Acting Chancellor of UPRM, Oct 2009 to Aug 2010
- Associate Professor, UPRM, Civil Eng. Dept., Jul 1992 to Jun 2000.
- Assistant Professor, UPRM, Civil Eng. Dept., Jan 1989 to Jun 1992.
- Leave of Absence from the UPRM, Aug 1983 to Dec 1988
- Instructor, UPRM, Jul 1982 to Jul 1983
- Lecturer, UPRM, Aug 1981 to Jun 1982
- Coordination of Seventh Caribbean Islands Water Resources Congress;
- Evaluation of Bridges Subjected to Military Loadings and Dynamic Hydraulic Effects;
- Development of TMDL’s in the Río Grande de Añasco Watershed: Phase I
- Development of TMDL’s in the Río Yagüez and Río Guanajibo: Phase I
- Land Use Classification of Mayagüez Bay Watershed;
- Safe Yield Determination for the Southwestern Irrigation System;
- Innovative Onsite Wastewater Disposal Systems Outreach and Demonstration Project;
- Inventory of Water Wells and Springs of Puerto Rico;
- Agricultural Water Use Studies in Puerto Rico;
- Development of a Hydraulic Model for the Water Distribution System of Mayagüez;
- Development and Partial Implementation of an Education and Awareness Program for the Mayagüez Bay Comprehensive Integrated Management Plan Project;
- Hydrologic/Hydraulics Study Evaluations for the D.E.N.R.
- Principal of Hydrologic, Hydraulics, and Environmental Systems: Flood Studies, EIS, Solid Waste Management, and Pollution Control
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of George Warren Fuller Award, AWWA, Jun 2007.
- Guidelines for Hydrologic-Hydraulics Study development in Puerto Rico, June, 2016.