The Chemical Engineering Graduate Students Association, AEGIQ for its Spanish acronym, is recognized as the official representative body of masters (MS and ME) and doctoral (PhD) graduate students, as well as postdoctoral fellows, of the Department of Chemical Engineering at UPRM. The association focuses on addressing the needs and interests of its members, and contributes to their comprehensive training through academic, professional, and extracurricular activities.
The mission of AEGIQ is to promote the academic and professional development of students enrolled in the graduate program of the Department of Chemical Engineering. Our vision is to train leaders in chemical engineering who address challenges of current relevance in the industry and society.
The primary objectives of our organization are to foster leadership and professional development, and to ensure the safety and comfort of graduate students in our department and university. To achieve our goals, we will do the following:
- Develop educational activities (e.g., seminars, workshops) that help foster the professional development and growth of our members.
- Establish close relationships with companies to increase exposure of graduate students for internships, COOP and full-time positions.
- Promote the graduate programs of our department.
- Create a multicultural and favorable environment for our students and program.
- Promote interdisciplinary activities with other campus organizations.
- Proactively collaborate with solutions related to the Department of Chemical Engineering.