Ext : 5405
PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fl., 1987.
MSCE, UPR-Mayagüez, P.R., 1982.
BSCE, UPR-Mayagüez, P.R., 1979Experiencia Académica
- Professor, Civil Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (1996 to date).
- Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (1991- 1996).
- Assistant Professor, General Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (1988-1991).
- Lecturer, General Engineering Dept., UPR-Mayagüez. (1981-1983).
- Coordinator, Wind Tunnel Lab., Civil Engineering Department UPRM (1994 to date).
- Director, Fluid Mechanics Lab., General Engineering Department, UPRM (1987-1994)
- Co-Pi. “Vulnerability of Structures due to Natural Disasters: Floods” FEMA, 2004-2007 and Hurricane Winds” FEMA (2003-2006).
- Co-PI. “Flood Hazard Mitigation Through Revised Drainage Policies and Criteria for PR: A Guidelines Manual” FEMA (2000-2004).
- “One-mile Certification: Clinical Labs. location Añasco, P.R.” Lab. Castillo, (Aug. 2012)
- “Assessment evaluation of stormwater drainage system of a residential lots at residential lots: Camino Cristo de los Milagros, Barrio Algarrobos in Mayaguez, PR (Oct., 2011) Haciendas Marchany in Sabana Grande, PR (Sep., 2011), Karina del Mar in Cabo Rojo, PR (Sep., 2008)
- “Hydrologic-Hydraulic study Flood control flap gates system design at Urb. LA CONCEPCION discharging to Canal Concepción, Cabo Rojo, PR (Jan.2010 to Jan.2011)
- “Partial findings on Operating conditions at the percolation field of the septic tank system in lot # 12 in LAS CASONAS at Aguada, P.R. and its interaction with the neighborhood” (Aug., 2009 to Oct., 2010) Second Assessment study-report (Mar. to Oct., 2011)
- “Study of required wind forces and instantaneous impulse on large floating barge to generate drifting” (May to Dec., 2008)
- Abstract Reviewer for the 2010 AWRA Summer Specialty Conference in San Juan PR. American Water Resources Association (Apr., 2010)
- Court Expert “Assessment of possible damages due to construction of ALTOS DEL RIO development in Jayuya” (Dec., 2008 to May, 2009)
Premios y Reconocimientos
- Distinguished Professor 2000-01, Civil Engineering Dept. UPR-Mayagüez (May 2002)
- Acknowledgment, 1994-95 Academic Excellence & Productivity Award (Oct. 1996)
- Certificate-Dedicatory 1996 Initiation Activity Civil Eng. Student Assoc. UPRM (Oct.1996)
- Certificate, Distinguished Work as Director Fluid Mechanics Lab., General Engineering Dept. UPR-Mayagüez (July 1994)
- Member of Honor Societies: SIGMA XI, Phi Kappa Phi & Tau Beta Pi
- Distinguished Professor, 1992. CIAPR, Mayagüez Chapter. (May 1992)
- National Hispanic Scholastic Fund in 1985, 1986 and 1987
- Honor Certificates from UPR, School of Engineering in 1976, 1977 and 1979
- “Building Damage due to Riverine and Coastal Floods”, ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 136, #3, pp 327-336, May-June, 2010. By Nadal, N.C., Zapata-Lopez, R., Pagán-Trinidad, I., López, R., Agudelo, J.,
- “Impact of windborne debris on storm shutters” in Proceedings of 11th Wind Engineering Conference, San Juan, PR June2009. By Borges A, López R, Godoy, L, Zapata-López R.