On Thursday, January 15, 2015 Leonardo Flores will be offering an orientation on paid summer and semester internships for undergraduate and graduate students. We will discuss paid internship programs that will help you develop 21st century skills in areas known as the Digital Humanities and enhance your employment prospects as well as your ability to teach 21st century literacies.
- Library of Congress: Junior Fellows Intern Program – Summer 2015 (deadline January 23)
- National Archives Internship Opportunities (unpaid, but a good reference for HACU application)
- HACU Internship Program (deadline February 27)
- Smithsonian Internships – Minority Internship Program (Deadline February 1)
- UPRM Primera Experiencia Laboral
You also might want to consider competing for the following scholarships:
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (deadline March 30)
- Nationally Coveted College Scholarships, Graduate Fellowships, and Postdoctoral Awards
The orientation will be from 10:30 to 12:00 in Chardón 326.
Update: you can see the introductory presentation slideshow here.