Promotional image displaying airplanes flying over a clear blue sky. The world's most renowned landmarks are presented side by side on top of the globe.

Did you know that Fulbright funds year-long international exchange programs?
The competition for the 2016-17 year is now open and the deadline is approaching (September 15). Read this for our orientation calendar.
Fulbright has three types of programs that are relevant to our English majors and graduate students:

  • The English Teaching Assistant (ETA) program sends you to the world to teach English. This program is designed for graduating seniors (MAEE graduate students are considered overqualified), and students in the Teacher Preparation Program should be extra competitive.
  • The Study/Research grants fund a research project and coursework at any international university. This is program is ideal for seniors or graduate students with a strong research focus (MAEE students working on their thesis are ideal).
  • Graduate Study grants fund one year of graduate studies (MA or PhD level) at international universities in select countries, most of which will offer follow up funding after the first year. Read this entry for more information.

Learn more about these programs in the Fulbright @ UPRM blog.

And contact Leonardo Flores, your Fulbright Program Adviser, if you have any questions.

Leave a Reply