The ETC has installed a new print server, which should provide more compatibility, greater stability, and therefore fewer problems with printing. We preserved the same names, so the instructions for printing are the same as provided in the ETC printer page. Even though the settings have not changed, you may still need to “reconnect” to the server. So here are the instructions:
- From the Start menu, select “My Computer.” A Windows Explorer window will open.
- On the Address bar select “My Computer” (by double clicking or highlighting the text).
- Type (or cut and paste) the following: \etc_print_serve
- Click “Go” or hit the Enter key.
- A window will open and ask you to enter a username and password. It is the same as before: if you don’t remember, swing by the ETC or ask Leo, Betsy, Gayle or Daly. My contact information is available on this page.
By the way, if you have a laptop physically connected to the network, you can do the same, and will need to do so each time you leave and reconnect. I am trying to figure out how to do it from a wireless connection.
Original post by Leonardo Flores