Stock image of arrow signs in a highway.

Do you need to take English Courses this Summer session or Fall semester? Then this guide is for you!

Students Completing Institutional English Requirements

  • See the General Education English Sequences to know which courses you can take to fulfill your institutional requirements for English.
  • Reminders:
    • Basic English (3101-3102) leads to Reading and Composition (3201-3202/3209/3289) NOT to Intermediate English.
    • Intermediate English (3103-3104) leads to electives in English (listed in the link above) NOT to Advanced English.
    • Advanced English (3211-3212) fulfills your institutional English requirements, but are NOT equivalent to electives in English.
    • Please be clear about what sequence you’re in and satisfy those requirements to avoid graduation delays later.
  • You can take a look at the Fall schedule here, keeping in mind that the document is color coded for English Department Students. Here is the Summer schedule.

BA in English Students

MAEE Students


Here are the official flowcharts for the whole registration process: