Here’s a list of this semester’s MAEE Thesis defenses:
- Friday, May 3 starting at 10:00 am: Marilyn Sanabria, “From Veil to Scarf: Gendered Identities in Marjane Satrapi’s Persepolis and Marvel Comics’ Ms. Marvel” in Chardón 323g.
- Tuesday, May 7 starting at 8:00 am: Ivette López, “A Walk through the Standing Stones: The Historical Novel, Gender and the Supernatural in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander” in Chardón 323g.
- Tuesday, May 7 starting at 2:00 pm: Rosa Nydia, (title coming soon) in Chardón 323g.
- Wednesday, May 8 starting at 8:00 am: José Cruz, “Finding the Path: The Library as Labyrinth in The Name of the Rose” in Chardón 323g.
- Wednesday, May 8 starting at 10:15 am: María Margarita, “Christopher Marlowe’s Faustian codes in Eighteenth-Century Gothic literature” in Chardón 323g.
The UPRM and English Department communities are invited to all thesis defenses. The first hour of the defenses is open to the public and begin with a presentation by the candidate. If you wish to attend a defense, please arrive on time for the presentation. Once the doors close, it is no longer open to the public to avoid interrupting the presentation.
Did I miss your defense? Please contact me via e-mail with the details and I will update the listing.