After completing the five core courses, listed below, students may shape their curriculum by focusing their coursework on Applied Linguistics, Literature, and Pedagogy. Students may also design their final project to suit personal interests by electing to write a Thesis or take the Comprehensive Examination.
While enrolled in our program, students gain valuable professional experiences by:
- teaching undergraduate-level courses;
- participating in ongoing teacher training and professional development workshops;
- holding research and editorial assistantships;
- working in the English Language Writing Center;
- becoming involved in the MayaWest Writing Project
- presenting at local, regional, national, and international conferences.
Students who successfully complete the graduate program are prepared to enter doctoral programs, begin their careers as teachers, and participate competitively in a variety of other English-based fields.
Please direct any questions regarding the MAEE Program to the Graduate Program Coordinator: Dr. Eric Lamore (e-mail: email@example.com).